- Spam or Site Misuse
- Threats of violence and incitement
- Hateful content
- Privacy and Reputation
- Restricted Categories
- Related conduct
- Graphic content
- Exploitation of minors
- Promotion and glorification of self-harm
- Duplicate Content
- Copyright and trademark infringement
- Deceptive conduct
- Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
- Embedded Content and Collection of Personal Information
- Cryptocurrency Accounts, Posts, and Publications
Coderons is a social networking platform or an open community that brings developers from different parts of the world together. Here, you get access to high-quality content, using which you can enhance your knowledge on a topic of your choice. Our users contribute stories and technical expertise for readers who are curious and want to amp up their know-how.
You can share your interests with like-minded developers, resolve vexing issues, and, what’s more, you also get an opportunity to contribute to the community and voice your opinions. With support from our team, you can publish your articles on subjects close to your heart and do your bit for the developers’ community.
Each participant in our community is responsible for maintaining these standards.
Violations of our rules may result in consequences such as account restrictions, limited distribution of your posts, and suspension of your account. Coderons has the sole authority and final decision as to whether content or behavior violates our rules.
If you find a post or account on Coderons that you believe violates these rules, please report it. Additionally, you can send an email to [email protected].
Spam or Site Misuse
We do not allow spam or misuse of Coderons. All spam or misuse will be immediately removed from Coderons without notification. Examples of spam or misuse include:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site, product, or service
- Scraping and reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Stories where the content is clipped with the purpose of linking to the rest of the article on a different website
- Performing a disproportionately large number of interactions, particularly by automated means. This includes bulk or indiscriminate interactions, such as following other accounts (follow spam) liking, disliking, or leaving comments
- Repeatedly using responses or other interactions as a method of promotion or marketing
- Participating in bounty campaigns or brigades to artificially inflate rankings for posts, accounts, businesses, or products
- Use or re-use content templates with slight modifications across multiple posts and accounts
For each of these behaviors, when we talk about “content,” we mean not only posts but also any other feature that allows you to add your own text or media. When we talk about “interactions,” we mean any feature that allows one user to interact with another person or post.
Threats of violence and incitement
We do not allow content or actions that threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We do not allow content that constitutes or promotes violence, harassment, or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
We do not allow posts or accounts that glorify, celebrate, downplay, or trivialize violence, suffering, abuse, or deaths of individuals or groups. This includes the use of scientific or pseudoscientific claims or misleading statistics to pathologize, dehumanize, or disempower others. We do not allow calls for intolerance, exclusion, or segregation based on protected characteristics, nor do we allow the glorification of groups which do any of the above.
We do not allow hateful text, images, symbols, or other content, including in your username, profile, or bio.
Coderons exists to share and discuss ideas. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying, threatening, mocking, or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Engaging in a repetitive or targeted campaign of harassment against someone or a group of people
- Using derogatory language, racial slurs, or obscenities to disparage or attack someone or a group of people
- Using Coderons features like responses, connections, private chats, follows, story requests, or writer requests in a way that attempts to or does annoy or harass someone, or to draw inorganic attention to your content on Coderons
- Reviewing businesses or products in a gratuitously harmful or abusive manner
Privacy and Reputation
We do not allow the following:
- Posting images of, transcripts of, copies of, or links to private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication. Redacting names or other information does not supplant the need to secure permissions
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, threaten, or endanger a person or group of people
- Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject’s express consent
- Content that violates others’ privacy or personal safety, including sensitive or confidential information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other similar information
We do not allow posts or accounts that engage in the following restricted categories of activity:
- Promotion of controversial, suspect, or extreme content
- Posting referrals and asking for views
- Posting devotional, or religious content
- Posting Political or Government content
- Facilitation of gambling or betting
- Facilitation of buying or selling social media interactions, including off-platform
- Facilitation of sexual services
- Facilitation of copyright or other intellectual property violation
- Facilitation or evidence of violating the terms of service of Coderons or third party(s)
- Facilitation of illegal hacking (e.g., stealing credentials, compromising personal data)
- We do not allow the use of pseudoscience, disinformation, or other content that is contrary to public health or safety
Posting any content that are not related to technology, and coding are strictly restricted in Coderons.
We do not allow content or accounts that engage in on-platform, off-platform, or cross-platform campaigns of targeting, harassment, hate speech, violence, or disinformation. We may consider off-platform actions in assessing a Coderons account and restrict access or availability to that account.
We do not allow posting, linking to, or otherwise promoting pornographic images or videos. We do allow erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images.
We do not allow gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, regardless of subject matter.
Exploitation of minors
We do not allow content promoting the sexual, violent, or other exploitation of minors, including the sexualization of fictional minors.
Promotion and glorification of self-harm
We do not allow content or activities that encourage, promote, or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide. If you encounter users contemplating or threatening self-harm, please report it to us via the form or email address linked below.
We do not allow posting duplicate copies of the same content to Coderons, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts, either publicly or as an unlisted story. (You are allowed to cross-post content from your blog to Coderons, provided you own the rights to the content.)
Copyright and trademark infringement
We do not allow deceptive conduct on Coderons. This includes:
- Posting content or impersonating a person or organization in a way likely to deceive people. Parody and satire are fine, but make clear that is what you’re doing. Our Username Policy has specific requirements for parody accounts
- Using Coderons for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts
- Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic
- If you have received free goods or services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
Ads, Promotions, and Marketing
- Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. While you may promote your own business, you may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, or brands through Coderons posts, publications, or letters. This includes images that indicate brand sponsorship in a post or letter, or as part of a publication name or logo.
- Images functioning as third-party ads are not allowed. Inline images or embeds that link out and function as banner ads for third-party brands are not allowed.
- You must disclose affiliate links. Affiliate links, such as link out to Amazon with your code, or any other link out where you will receive a commission or other value, are allowed in posts. But, you must disclose somewhere in the post that it includes affiliate links. If you have received payment, goods or services, or something else of value in exchange for writing a post, you must still disclose this fact in writing within your post (as per FTC Rules and Guides).
- Multi-level or affiliate marketing content is not allowed.
Embedded Content and Collection of Personal Information
To ensure the data privacy and security of our users, embedded content must comply with the following requirements. An “embed” includes a link, form, or a request for information or other content.
Embeds directly collecting data through Coderons form fields, comments, or other onsite means are not allowed. This includes embeds that facilitate the submission of email addresses, credit card information, or other personal information. If you want to collect information from your readers, you will need to follow these requirements:
- If the link directs users to your own platform to subscribe to your newsletter, blog, or other content you create, then in your Coderons content immediately next to the link you must disclose that the link will take the user offsite outside of Coderons
Cryptocurrency Accounts, Posts, and Publications
Posts and accounts that focus on cryptocurrencies which do not meet the following requirements may be considered spam and are subject to suspension, depending on context. Coderons does not endorse or verify any coin, token, or similar announcement.
Thank you for helping us create one of the best communities in the world,
The Coderons Team